In our area, in which 18th and 19th century organs from the Veneto school prevail, an organ from the Lombardy school is a novelty.
The Serassi organ of S. Agostino was built in 1858 and perhaps the fact that a Lombard organ-maker was engaged is due to the presence in this church of the Somasco Religious Order, which has its roots in Lombardy. The acoustic frame of the instrument differs from the essential rationality of Veneto tradition and is rich in coloured stops.
It is situated in the choir loft above the main door of the church and enclosed in a neo-classical case decorated with imitation marble. The instrument was recently renovated by the organ-maker Giorgio Carli from Pescantina (Verona).
To arrange a visit, contact the parish church of S. Maria Maggiore.