The building of marvellous organs flourished in the Veneto halfway through the eighteenth century; the instruments made by Pietro Nacchini and Gaetano Callido dominated the scene but alongside them the names of other excellent organ builders were also established, whose instruments still survive in part and on which there is extant information and various documents; but on Zuane Limana, whose instrument still exists in the Dean of Fregona's church, information is extremely scant.
The parish's archives record that building of the organ was completed on 25 May 1783 and that three years later the organ builder had to carry out some repairs.
Sandro Carnelos' volume " Gli organi della Diocesi di Vittorio Veneto " records that Zuane Limana built an organ for Pieve Tesino ( Trento ) in 1754.
The Fregona Organ, which was restored by Francesco Zanin of Codroipo, has a toneboard typical of the Venetian school of the age but nevertheless it differs in certain features, amongst which the presence of a Principal Third, the XXIV, is particularly significant. Furthermore, the instrument stands out for the meticulousness of the workmanship.