Amongst the numerous organs built by Callido for churches in our town, the one in S. Gregorio is the oldest, dating from 1769. Actually, this was the year in which it was installed in the now demolished S. Lorenzo church, which stood on the site of the Cassamarca Bank’s head office; from there it was transported to its current location.
It is situated in the choir loft above the main door, enclosed in a neo-classical lacquered and marbled case. It reached our times almost intact and was renovated in 1994 by the organ-maker Francesco Zanin from Codroipo.
To arrange a visit, contact the Cathedral.